To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream;
not only plan, but also believe.
- Anatole France
In order to play football for St. John of the Cross Crusaders you must be a registered member
of one of the following Parishes:
- St. John of the Cross
- Queen of Peace
- St. David's
- St. Luke's
- Our Lady Help of Christians
- Immaculate Conception
- St. Albert the Great
- St. Hilary
St. John of the Cross Crusader Football program has 4 teams at 2 levels.
Junior Varsity team made up of 5th and 6th grade players, which consists of 2 skill levels. A & B League
- A Varsity team made up of 7th & 8th grade players, also consists of 2 skill levels.
A & B League
- 4th Graders are no longer permitted to play.(New Cyo Rules)
- There is no Height or weight limit.
- We play at-least 10 league
games during the season.
- The "A" teams only, are eligible for the Playoffs.
- The season begins August 15th and ends Thanksgiving weekend.
registration fees are $275.00. The custom jersey costs about $65.00 which the Player keeps at the end of the season.
- The Crusaders also offer a Multi-Family Discount. $400.00 for 2 Players.
- The Crusaders do offer a payment program: Four (4) payments of $68.75, or $100.00
with the Multi-Family Discount. . We will not hand out Game Uniforms until payment is made in full.
- To pay by mail send payment made out to "Crusader Football" to: 951 Tennis Ave
Ardsley, PA 19038.
- Upon your first season as a Crusader Player and
Parent, both the Player and Spectator Contracts must be filled out and signed or your Son will not be permitted to play.
Frequently asked questions
"How is it determined who plays on the "A"
will be determined by the Player's skill level, not by his age or grade.
"When and where are the games played?"
"A" team home games will be played
at Roslyn Park on Friday nights. "B" team home games will be played at St. John's field on Sunday afternoon. "A"
team away games will be played at the opponents location on Saturday Mornings. "B" team away games will be played
at opponents location Sunday afternoons.
"My Son is on the "B" team why does he have to show up for the "A" games?"
Some "B" team players will be back
ups at certain positions for the "A" team. Also depending on the outcome of the game, the "B" teams have
a chance to take the field. Although, it is not mandatory for them to come to "A" games it is strongly encouraged.
"Do "A" team players play in
if a player is an "A" team starter he will not be permitted to play. Although, there will be some players who may
play a little of both depending on their skill level.
"Do veteran players have guaranteed positions?"
No, no one is guaranteed a starting position. Positions will
be earned at the beginning of every season, then it becomes the players responsibility to keep his position.
"My Son wants to play for the Junior High Football team,
can he do both?"
at the Parent's discretion.
Crusader Football Registration Form
Crusader Football Players Contract
Crusader Football Spectator Contract